As a reputable and local private acupuncture clinic and alternative medicine center, the Business serves clients of all ages and demographics. Since 1998, the Business has grown and generated very consistent revenue and margins. Clients have been acquired purely by word-of-mouth, physician referral and a large opportunity exists to acquire more clients as the Business does not pay for advertising or actively market its services.
QR Code Link to This Post
The Business is built upon an outstanding reputation locally and is situated in an excellent, high-traffic location. As acupuncture becomes more accepted by health insurance providers, which allows for higher billing rates, demand for services should continue to grow. A new owner does not need to be an acupuncturist or have experience in the industry. The Company has a full-time clinical acupuncturist and office manager as well as a part-time accountant to round out a very solid team. The current owner is involved in the day-to-day operations and the business is very lean, with little capital expenditures. Additional clinical acupuncturists could certainly be hired to grow the Company. Currently, the Business is only open 32 hours a week and there are considerable opportunities for growth. The Business operates out of a 1,350 sq. ft. leased facility.
Growing demand for alternative medicine and increasing insurance coverage are exciting growth opportu-nities for this high-cash flow generating company. Current ownership is seeking to sell the business to re-tire and care for family.
Asking Price: $215,000
Cash Flow: $128,039
Real Estate: Leased
Financing: Limited seller-financing is available for qualified buyers
Number of Employees: 4
Year Established: 1998
Facilities: 1,350 sq. ft. facility with recently updated equipment and network system. There is an additional, unused 500 sq. ft. of space that new ownership could choose to utilize.
Support/Training: Ownership is willing to provide reasonable and customary transition assistance. Ownership would be willing to work part-time for a new owner.
Reason for Selling: Retirement and caring for family.
(1) Strong Local Presence: The Company has built a reputation for high quality service locally and therefore has many repeat or referral-based clients.
(2) Financial Performance & Flexibility: The Company has demonstrated consistent financial perfor-mance with strong margins. Current ownership has a team in place to help her operate the busi-ness, allowing flexibility in her schedule and an ability to focus on her desired activities within the business.
(3) Excellent Location: The Business is located along a main road through Midland and the facility is clean and in great shape. The location is close to other businesses and residential complexes.
(4) Growth Opportunities: Demand for acupuncture, along with alternative medicine practices is growing as more consumers become comfortable and eager to try alternative treatments in con-junction with traditional therapies to treat a growing number of health concerns for both young and old. Some notable concerns that acupuncture can treat include – mild Alzheimer’s and demen-tia, arthritis, stress and anxiety, chronic pain and more.
(1) Growing Demand: Acupuncture has been around for ages, although recently it is receiving main-stream attention that it deserves as a viable and effective treatment option.
(2) Increasing Insurance Coverage: More health insurance plans are covering acupuncture to treat chronic pain and other symptoms. Medical professionals can refer or prescribe treatment to pa-tients to treat a wide variety of symptoms. In addition, veteran benefits coverage have expanded to allow them to seek treatment.
(3) Marketing & Strategic Relationships: The Business currently engages in zero marketing or advertis-ing, of which it would likely benefit tremendously. Furthermore, ownership believes building rela-tionships with personal injury insurance companies, particularly in the auto space, would prove to be a great source of new referrals.